To qualify as a Certified Professional in Erosion and Sediment Control (CPESC) you must satisfy the following:
- Complete the online application form.
- Have a minimum of seven (7) years professional level erosion and sediment control experience. This may comprise of a Bachelor Degree in an approved course to the maximum of 4 years plus the balance as professional experience or complete seven (7) years or more of professional level experience in the erosion and sediment control profession.
- Pay your application fee to the Australasian Chapter of the International Erosion Control Association.
- Once your application has been approved then sit the “Fundamentals in Erosion and Sediment Control” exam and achieve a minimum score of 75%.
- Undertake a take home exam and achieve a minimum score of 75%.
Individuals who do not qualify for professional certification because they do not meet the minimum professional experience requirement may apply for CPESC Associate status. Associate status allows the individual increased standing, but does not allow them to take personal responsibility (to be in charge) as a CPESC. These individuals may include graduating seniors, graduate and post graduate students from accredited institutions, or practicing professionals who do not meet the eligibility requirements.
Applicants must have either an approved Bachelor Degree with less than three (3) years professional level experience or, where no approved tertiary qualifications are held, two years professional level experience.
Those who fulfill these requirements can attain Associate status by either of the following two methods:
- Applying for Associate status (mark box for Associate on application), and successfully pass the Fundamentals in Erosion and Sediment Control examination OR
- Being offered Associate status by Application Review Committee and pass the Fundamentals in Erosion and Sediment Control examination.
Full CPESC status can be achieved by completing the additional years of qualifying experience and achieving a score of 75% or higher in the take home exercise. Application to the CPESC committee then needs to be made.
Details of this process can be found in the Procedures and Standards Document, Article III.
If you have questions, please contact our office at (02)4677 0901. We will be happy to assist you. Also, see the