Young Professional Scholarship 2022
Opportunity to Attend the 2022 and 2023 Conference for FREE!
The International Erosion Control Association (IECA) is a non-profit, international, member organisation that provides education, resource information and business opportunities for professionals in the erosion and sediment control (ESC) industry.
IECA Australasia is very pleased to announce the availability of a sponsored attendance at our 2022 National Conference, to be held in Coffs Harbour, NSW, Aust. from the 19th October 2022 to 21st October 2022 along with the 2023 Conference.
This opportunity is open to a young professional from either Australia or New Zealand embarking on a career in the erosion and sediment control industry. Applicants must be under the age of 35 as at 19th October 2022.
This opportunity includes:
- Conference registration for all 2 days of the conference.
- A single ticket to the Welcome Drinks and the Conference Dinner
- A single ticket to the Pre-Conference Field Tour
- Accommodation – Single Occupancy (incl 1 buffet breakfast per night) at the Pacific Bay Resort, Coffs Harbour.
- Travel costs (airfares, transfers etc) to the value of $500.
- 2023 Full Conference registration similar to the 2022 Conference (dates and venue TBC) plus travel costs to the value of $500.
- 12 months IECA Aust Individual membership and 12 months at half price.
Only one sponsored position is available. Applications can be made by eligible persons by completing the APPLICATION FORM and emailing to email@example.com before 5pm on Friday 19th August 2022.
The winning applicant will be expected to:
- Attend all technical and social sessions of the 2022 and 2023 conference and IECA meetings.
- Write an article for the IECA Australasia Newsletter on their experience at the conference for both 2022 and 2023 conferences.
- Actively promote IECA through their networks.
- Present at the 2023 Conference on how they applied what they learnt and gained by attending the 2022 Conference.
- Help mentor the 2022 Conference Scholarship recipient.
- Attend IECA Australasia Board meetings as an observer (this will be in person at the Conference and then via Tele-conference during the year)
- Become a member of IECA Australasia if they are not already.
Applications will be judged by representatives from the IECA Australasia Board of Directors. All applicants will be notified of the outcome by 2nd September 2022.
Any questions can be directed to Sandra Lanz, IECA, on + 61 (0)2 4677 0901 or firstname.lastname@example.org