NSW-based council environmental compliance staff training
This event is fully subscribed. IECA Aust. will look at running this event again later in the year. Please register your interest by sending an email to email@example.com
Date: Thursday 19th September 2019
Time: 9.30 am to 4.30pm.
Cost: $99 for IECA members and $119 for non-members.
Venue: Casula Powerhouse Art Centre, 1 Powerhouse Rd, Casula, NSW, 2170
The Australasian Chapter of the International Erosion Control Association (IECA Australasia) is excited to be hosting a workshop specifically for NSW-based council environmental compliance staff.
The workshop will include training from industry leaders, open forums, case studies, and opportunities to share knowledge and experience regarding Councils’ enforcement responsibilities under the NSW POEO Act.
This is a great opportunity to collaborate and share ideas regarding regulation, training and improving compliance in your area, specifically as it relates to erosion and sediment control on construction sites.
With construction sites recognised as one of the worst offenders of pollution of local waterways, effective enforcement of environmental laws is a key component in achieving better outcomes for the community and the environment. This workshop will help participants explore further the role of Council education, capacity-building and compliance programs.
The workshop will include the following:
- Erosion and sediment control training specific to small site compliance,
- Case studies on promoting self-compliance and conducting regulatory programs,
- Small-group discussions and workshops,
- Writing effective notices under POEO relating to erosion and sediment control,
- An open forum to discuss inspection data collection - how do we ensure good quality data is collected and easily accessible?
- A discussion around conditions of consent – using the EP&A Act to support POEO.
Who should attend:
- Environmental and Development Compliance Officer's
- Environmental Regulation and Compliance Staff
- Building Compliance Officers and Building Surveyors
- Rangers and Environmental Health Officers
- Environmental Education Officers
- Environment Protection Staff
- Planning and Regulatory Assessment and Compliance Staff
- Bushland and Weed Management Officers
To facilitate open and frank discussion on the day, this event is only open to people working for Councils.
IECA Australasia acknowledges Liverpool City Council for generously providing the venue for this event.
19th Sep 19
Venue Sydney, NSW
Cost 119.00Back to Events