Book 1: CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD
1-Introduction, 2-Principles of erosion and sediment control, 3-Site planning, 4-Design standards and technique selection, 5-Preparation of plans, 6-Site management, 7-Site inspection, 8-Bibliography
Book 2: Appendices A–G CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD
A-Construction site hydrology and hydraulics, B-Sediment basin design and operation, C-Soils and revegetation, D-Example plans, E-Soil loss estimation, F-Erosion hazard assessment, G-Model code of practice
Book 3: Appendices H–N CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD
H-Building sites, I-Instream works, J-Road and rail construction, K-Access tracks and trails, L-Installation of services, M-Erosion processes, N-Glossary of terms
(Prepared by Grant Witheridge of Catchments & Creeks Pty Ltd)
Features of Books 1, 2 & 3 include:
- Clearly defined principles of erosion and sediment control.
- Guidelines on soil sampling, sample density, and testing requirements.
- Site planning checklist.
- Recommended drainage control standard, erosion control standard, and sediment control standard.
- Rainfall and monthly erosivity values for prominent towns and cities across Australia.
- Guidelines on the selection of temporary drainage, erosion and sediment control measures.
- 24-step procedure for the development of Erosion and Sediment Control Plans.
- 108 example technical notes for use within Erosion and Sediment Control Plans.
- Detailed checklist for assessing Erosion and Sediment Control Plans.
- Example “weekly” and “detailed” site inspection checklists.
- Two methods for assessing the potential erosion hazard of a work site
- Four model codes of practice: general construction, building sites, instream works, and installation of services.
- 250 example Development Approval Conditions, for use in the management of land-disturbing activities.
- Best practice procedures for the performance of instream construction and maintenance activities.